HOW TO IMPLEMENT EFFECTIVE, EFFICIENT, AND ENGAGING CLASSROOM WORD STUDY
Instructors: Jennie Bloch Garcia & Shannon Yergan
Designed for those who are providing literacy instruction to students in kindergarten through second grade, this course is designed to support teachers who are using one of the Word-Wires Curriculum sets to teach the word study component of literacy. The goal of the course is to:
- Empower teachers to implement Word-Wires to meet the needs of their students
- Provide an overview of the Word-Wires approach
- Answer implementation questions and provide interactive support
- Share tips to maximize integration of Word-Wires with other reading and writing programs
- Provide opportunities to practice lesson delivery
Participants must own their own individual Word-Wires Curriculum Set.
We highly recommend participants take the Wired for Reading Introductory Course before taking this class but it is not required.
If participants have taken the Wired for Reading Introductory Course, they can purchase/pick-up their curriculum set AT the class.
If the participant has not taken the Wired for Reading Introductory Course, they must purchase and pick-up the curriculum in advance and complete the required reading for the level of curriculum they have purchased.
Optional: 8 Washington State clock hours at $3 dollars per clock hour.
WORD-WIRES IMPLEMENTATION WORKSHOP
- Dates: TBD
- Format: 2 hours of asynchronous learning (1 hour assigned after Wednesday and Thursday classes). 6 hours of online Zoom instruction.
- Hours: 4pm-6pm Pacific Standard Time
- Tuition: $220 (Early Bird – before TBD)
- Late Fee: $20 will be assessed if tuition received after the deadline
- Deposit: $50 Reserves place (Non refundable after deadline.)
- Alum: $60
- Registration Deadline: TBD